Don't ya dare try to pimp this up!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

There Couldn't Be a Title For This!

Year 2011 has fairly been an upwardly-monumental one by far. Controversially radical souls like M.F. Hussain, Osama Bin Laden, Amy Winehouse, "Machoman" Randy Savage and most recently Steve Jobs have departed for a lesser known journey. To put all of these above names in the same line might be offensive to some, but all of them were actually rebellious in some way or the other. Machoman brought about a different persona to sports entertainment (wrestling) with his great athleticism and unorthodox apparel. Osama Bin Laden left the world baffled with his demonic ways. M.F. Hussain blended commercial art with his own short stories, often arising out of his personal experiences in his life. Amy Winehouse was perhaps the last ray of hope for modern, mainstream jazz, but left us to join that damned "Forever 27" club with most of our modern day idols. And Steve Jobs, our modern day innovator-cum-leader. I admit, I haven't bought any of his company's devices yet, but I certainly agree that Apple is the reason why I have my Android phone continuously striving to outdo the other competitors, millions of companies with their iPod imitations and Microsoft never letting drop their guard.

Where do I take this pep-talk? Only to a singular agenda, of the questions that I raise lies the answer within. Whatever these souls did, they did it with conviction and belief, they made the world livid & then did what they wanted to do. A personal dilemma of correcting myself of my current decisions has only one reply, but do I step in the puddle of clear waters that appears murky to me? I am no spin-doctor doling out some cool advice to others, I was no big Steve Jobs fan, but this is what answers my questions to the hilt.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma-which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the voice of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart & intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

No comments:

Post a Comment